BIS’ Commodities application, which consists of various specific industry modules, provides a higher level of operational controls for routing, projecting byproducts derived from the pickups, and allows for quick adjustments in byproduct rebates to your customers. Such added values result in quicker return on your investment.
The BIS Commodities Application is a complete solution for scheduling, routing, ordering and tracking commodities for the following focused industries:
- Grease Trap and Pumping
The three industries are all integrated into one computer solution. The solution can also operate as standalone applications or modules.
The service cycle used for rendering and pumping is as follows
- Routes are predefined with any manually requested stops automatically added to applicable route
- Routes are reviewed and optimized for proper loads to minimize overtime
- Product to be picked up or Service to be rendered is simply based on the sequence provided for the driver
- Office personnel scrolls through the pickups provided and enters the necessary information (Or utilize mobile devices by the drivers in the field)
- Resulting Yields of valuable raw materials are estimated based on pickup – and adjusted based on actual weight
- Auto-generates invoices based on pickup service charges and credits for amounts picked up as negotiated with the customer and contained on the customer’s data record (or is based on flat rates)
- Where customer is credited for raw materials, pickup orders that generate a negative invoice are automatically moved to the accounts payable module for eventual check printing.
Modules that are industry specific
- Inventory Tracking of Raw Materials and Finished Goods
- Billing Procedures that are specific to Rendering, Grease, and Milling.
For Rendering and Pumping
- Inventory tracking of Byproduct Quantities based on Raw Materials’ Yield Expectations for Proteins, Oils, Animal Meat Tallow, Butcher Meats, and various other Raw Materials
- Use Mobile Technology to improve driver productivity and reduce errors
Multiple Route Management allowing Dispatchers quick overview of all routes and ability to easily move a stop to other routes
Bi-Weekly, Monthly, or Quarterly route management – even specifying exact number of days between pickups
Facilitates local and state reporting to minimize Penalties
- Customized, stored blends based on predefined, modifiable bills of material
- Automated integration to Order Processing and Billing
- Inventory Control includes estimates based on orders-in-house and actual stock on hand.
- Purchasing function to acquire vitamins, supplies and other raw materials used in the Milling process
The commodities application includes a full featured, enterprise accounting system, consisting of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Financial Statements. Key industry specific features include:
- Automatically determines which Byproduct pickup should be a payable or receivable based on Jacobsen rates (if used by you for customer reimbursement) and your contract with your customer
- Flexible Jacobsen and Customer Specific Pricing allowing you to treat each customer differently
- Automatic emailing capabilities for invoices or statements
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Route Management
- Route Pickups Entry for invoicing purposes (or via Mobile units)
- Order Processing
- Shipping and Receiving
- Contract Billing
- Accounts Receivable
- Sales Analysis
- Inventory Tracking
- Accounts Payable with interaction from Customer Billing for Credits
- General Ledger and Financial Statements