Covid 19 and Covid 19 Vaccine Scams abound. Be careful out there. Do not give out your personal information.
We are working form home and loving it!
Please use this address for all mail/packages.
BIS Computer c/o Macho or ResultWorx Technology c/o Macho
5500 Alta Canyada Road La Canada CA 91011
Working Remotely During Covid-19? Create a welcoming space favorable for productivity while utilyzing the safest option for work during this time.
Set the Scene: Set up near natural light. Provide music to stay focused. Use headphones to block out noise and find the noise level that is right for you. Secure necessary office supplies: printing, scanning, tech for online meetings, video chats, etc.
Dress the Part: Dress like you are going to work as a mental cue for ‘work’ vrs. ‘relaxation’.
Keep a Schedule: Schedule your day ahead of tie, answering emails, conference calls, breaks, lunch, projects.
Track your time: Set a schedule and track how well you actually stick to it. Us this to adjust for future.
Take Smart Breaks: Take strategic breaks to boost your productivity. Activities such as meditation, working out, or helping a colleague make effetive breaks because they ehlp with detachment and boost positive emotions Experiment to find what works best for you.
Keep Communication: Keep your lines of communication oen with your coworkers, boss, and clients. Stay on top of emails, keeping Slack open, and letting people know when you are stepping away from the computer for lunch or a break. Open communication helps prevent misunderstandings and it demonstrates how teams can pull together to continue working fearlessly in the face of uncertainty and change.
Adapted froman article by JustWorks.com
BIS Computer Solutions Brings Pet Tracking Software to the First Australian IAOPCC Conference
Brisbane, AU (March 13, 2020) — BIS Computer Solutions announced today that they will be attending the IAOPCC conference in Australia to present and demonstrate the new SaaS model of their internationally patented and globally acclaimed Pet Crematory System (PCS). The BIS automation software provides crematories and vets with an accurate chain of custody for each pet and real time information that assures dignity and respect for pets in the cremation process, filling a critical performance void in a growing industry. “PCS system has allowed crematory and veterinary clinics the ability to use a website to conveniently enter pets and ensure their clients that their pets are following a tracking system.” says Christine Johnson of Eden Pet Memorial, “This gives clients a peace of mind and comfort”.
The recently upgraded and redesigned SaaS model of PCS lets a crematory purchase the base model for a low cost and the option to pick and choose the modules that will work for their business “In listening to feedback from many of our current PCS customers, we felt there was an opportunity to simplify the packages to let the customer choose what works best for them to grow their business,” said Michael Macho, BIS Computer Division President. Macho added, “The PCS SaaS model pricing is being debuted at the Australian IAOPCC conference to allow small and medium sized crematories the opportunity to maintain high levels of efficiency at an affordable cost.”
PCS Features that enhance productivity are:
- A web hosted cloud and application database
- Generating vet tags with unique identification using barcode technology
- Scanning stations
- Chain of Custody
- Route management using iOS and Android
- Managing veterinary pet cremation orders and their status
- Invoice generation
- Inventory management
- Vet clinic management portals
- Accounting and Billing
- New mobile device options including KOAMTAC KDC470 SmartSled® Scanner to use with cell phones
Also being announced today, BIS Computer Solutions has partnered with KOAMTAC, in a strategic partnership to provide additional hardware solutions to the PCS application and to its customers. Using KOAMTAC KDC470 SmartSleds allows you to turn your smartphone into a scanner by bolting on the sled scanner. With the SmartSled you can use your existing phone without having to buy an additional device for a scanning solution. “We created this modular solution to increase versatility and reduce ToC while maintaining top-of-the-line scan engines,” said Dr. Hanjin Lee, President of KOAMTAC.
PCS runs in the Oracle Cloud using Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing – Oracle ATP. Oracle is the world’s fastest, most secure and scalable database. Having an industry leading software application with the industry leading database and cloud technology allows for continuous growth of your operations.
attending the conference are being offered this new model in a special package
at a discounted rate to get them started on streamlining and expanding their
business. Michael Macho will present the
value of PCS and discuss PCS’ storied history at the IAOPCC Convention and says
he is “excited to demonstrate the new features of PCS” at the first
and share how the application can streamline the crematory process for new users.”
Any crematories interested in the application should contact BIS at http://www.biscomputer.com/contact/.
About BIS Computer Solutions:
Pet Cremation System (PCS) is designed by BIS, a company with 50 years of developing applications, and a market leader of software applications designed for Pet Crematories and Pet Cemeteries, is currently being used by many companies around the world. PCS maintains many distinct advantages for existing crematories and start up crematories: tracking orders, pets, drivers and always maintaining a chain of custody of each pet and special services. BIS is proud to be a current Gold Partner of Oracle.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is Oracle’s partner program that provides partners with a differentiated advantage to develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to be recognized and rewarded for their investment in Oracle Cloud. Partners engaging with Oracle will be able to differentiate their Oracle Cloud expertise and success with customers through the OPN Cloud program – an innovative program that complements existing OPN program levels with tiers of recognition and progressive benefits for partners working with Oracle Cloud. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
KOAMTAC, Inc., headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, produces a signature line of lightweight, ergonomically- friendly Bluetooth companion barcode scanners, sled barcode scanners, RFID readers, mPOS, and enterprise charging solutions. With its unique patented design, all KOAMTAC products provide consumers with a durable and enhanced data collection and power solution. All products are universally compatible across current technology platforms and offer seamless use with iOS®, Android®, Mac®, Tizen®, and Windows®-based devices. The KDC20, KDC30, KDC100, KDC180, KDC200, KDC250, KDC270, KDC280, and KDC350 are the most compact and lightest programmable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi companion barcode and RFID readers with a display on the market today. The KDC470 and KDC475 series is a patented modular design SmartSled® for single-handed utility and includes companions for RFID and payment. The KDC500 is a PCI-certified EMV/MSR/Barcode/NFC Mobile POS (mPOS) Companion. KOAMTAC power solutions include Protective and Inductive Charging Cases and Cradles. For additional information or to place an order, visit http://www.koamtac.com
Remote IT Management is the ability for Technology to be monitored and managed, making your workplace more efficient and providing critical information about the security of your network in Realtime. Remote management saves travel costs and provides pro-active notifications for potential issues in your workplace. Are you confident that your network and security is safe? Are your employees can verify backups or depending on your case, actually back up their data? Are you employees savvy enough to install their own software, run their own malware checking apps, verify that anti virus is installed, running and catching viruses? Is someone managing your server? IF you are sadly thinking, ‘No’, or ‘I’m not sure’, ‘if only!’, then call us! We can help.
Is your business a sitting duck for hackers who want to steal your corporate data and customer information? Here are the top 10 critical data security questions to ask your IT Department to determine your vulnerability to a cyberattack.
- When was the last time you updated your network security software including malware and anti-virus software?
- Is your company Wi-Fi system secure?
- Have you conducted a company security audit in the last six months?
- Do you immediately disconnect a fired or disgruntled employee from access to your company database and do deep background checks on new employees?
- Do you store and secure hard drives from old PCs and servers so they do not get into the wrong hands?
- Do you encrypt your data and use multi-level passwords on your database?
- Are you aware some insurance companies will lower premiums if you have secure data and a protected database?
- Are you compliant with all your industry’s compliance requirements?
- Do you know how to determine if your data system has been infected or hacked?
- Are your firewalls up and current and do you have a disaster plan in case cyber criminals break into your digital ‘vault’ and empty out your data and confidential information?
- …and one extra, Is all of your crucial data backed up every day?
If you want more information on how to use these questions to keep your data safe contact BIS Computer Solutions.
The ransomware business model is a lucrative industry for criminals.
There are a few dos and don’ts when it comes to ransomware.
What should you do:
- Do not open attachments that are not from a reliable source
- If you get a pop-up to update an application such as Adobe reader do not click on it
- Do not provide personal information when answering an email, unsolicited phone call, text message or instant message. Phishers will try to trick employees into installing malware, or gain intelligence for attacks by claiming to be from IT. Be sure to contact your IT department if you or your coworkers receive suspicious calls.
- Use content filtering on your mail servers. Inbound e-mails should be scanned for known threats and should block any attachment types that could pose a threat.
- Be sure all systems and software are up-to-date with relevant patches. Regular patching of vulnerable software is necessary to help prevent infection.
- If traveling, make sure you use a trustworthy Virtual Private Network (VPN) when accessing public Wi-Fi.
- DO NOT PAY the ransom if you get the pop-up asking you to do so
- Use antivirus software and a firewall. Be sure to keep the software up to date.
- Find a safe and reliable way to update your security and recover your files.
- Back-Up your workstations/files nightly and don’t leave the back up files attached to your workstatioin or server
- Restore any impacted files from a known good backup. Restoration of your files from a backup is the fastest way to regain access to your data.
Of course we are here to help too. If you have any questions please contact us and we will do everything we can to help you.